NetCents Technology is a leading player in the cryptocurrency payment space and is the transactional hub for all cryptocurrency payments. We are currently looking for a Compliance Officer to complement our current team in our Vancouver office. As the company’s compliance officer you will be on the front line in interpreting existing regulatory guidelines while simultaneously pushing the boundaries as the company rolls out an array of digital payment services.
And yes, while your primary responsibility will be to ensure the Board of Directors, management, and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of the various regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company’s Standards of Conduct, you will bring much more than that to the table.
You will bring your laser like attention to detail and ability to adapt to a fast paced ever changing regulatory landscape to ensure the company is on the right side of the equation.
Key job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Develop risk management strategies and processes
- Identifying compliance issues
- Assessing business and operations’ risks
- Conduct audits to ensure adherence to standards
- KYC/AML review for new partners, merchants, and users
- Reviewing all merchant and user documents for compliance and coordinating with users and merchants to obtain any missing documentation
- Ensure record maintenance
- Gathers requirements and documents these requirements for use within the project life cycle
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Investigation on compliance procedures and necessary follow-up action
- Experience and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education with 3 to 5 years’ of experience in Compliance, Risk Management and/or Internal Audit
- Thorough knowledge of Fintrac/FinCEN and KYC/AML requirements
- Ability to research and dive deep into government websites for importing compliance informationProficient with spreadsheet software, such as Excel and Google Sheets
- You have experience working with publicly traded companies and the special requirements this entails.
Who You Are
- Focused and analytical
- You’re organized and driven to get things done.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with consistently shifting tasks and priorities.
- You love collaborating with other smart people to find great solutions. Not in your job description? Who cares! You’re a team player that focuses on whatever will get the job done, and are willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in on whatever needs doing and help wherever you can add the most value.
- You’re passionate about doing great work, with an unwavering attention to detail.
- You’re upbeat and positive and able to adapt to changing conditions, all while staying kind and generous to the people around you.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org