NetCents Technology is a next-generation payment processor, supporting multiple traditional currencies, cryptocurrencies, and all innovative payment methods to give users the freedom to pay, their way and to empower merchants with tools to lower their financial risk.
We are currently looking for a Senior Developer to complement our current team in our Vancouver office. Qualified candidates must be detail oriented, flexible, have strong multi-tasking, organizational and problem-solving skills, work well in a team atmosphere and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
As our Senior Developer, you will take a key leadership role within the development team driving team projects and product development.
Key job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team that is responsible for the concept, development, and deployment of key program infrastructure
- Conduct the review of software codes and functionalities, create advance test plans, and analyze and troubleshoot problems
- Maintain code quality by using or implementing development best practices
- Work closely with the team to determine the best balance between components that do too much and re-usability
- Ensure that proper coding methodology and standards are employed throughout the codebase
- Clear understanding of the full pipeline from development to deployment
- Think holistically about a problem and how to approach it
- Mentoring junior software developers
- Other tasks as required
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years professional experience as a software developer
- Experience scaling systems implementing micro services
- Building API’s using languages such as Ruby on Rails or NodeJS
- Comprehensive understanding of and experience with RESTful API, MariaDB, MySQL
- Ability to solve application problems quickly and completely
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support product releases
- Strong developing skill on SQL database
- Agile development
- Writing clean, modern, testable code
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and optimization techniques
- Unit and integration testing
Bonus Experience and Qualifications
- Cryptocurrency and Blockchain experience
- Experience with financial institutions or banking
- Experience on one or more of: Chip Card, EMV, VISA, MasterCard, Interac
- Experience with ATM’s, POS, mobile banking
- Experience with CI/CD, RabbitMQ, Redis
Who You Are
- You’re organized and driven to get things done.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with consistently shifting tasks and priorities.
- Love bringing order, but thrive in an ever changing environment.
- You love collaborating with other smart people to find great solutions. Not in your job description? Who cares! You’re a team player that focuses on whatever will get the job done, and are willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in on whatever needs doing and help wherever you can add the most value.
- You’re passionate about doing great work, with an unwavering attention to detail.
- You’re upbeat and positive and able to adapt to changing conditions, all while staying kind and generous to the people around you.
- You know how to manage your work time (and the dependencies of those around you) effectively.
- You’re always learning, always growing, always keen to find and share and try the next thing in all things marketing and communications.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org